To celebrate Fringe’s final Comic-con panel, we’re asking the Twitterverse to try to trend two (2) hashtags, one before the panel, and one during the panel.
What better way to kick off all of the excitement for the fifth season than to spread the word that #TheyAreComing?
When news broke that executive producer Jeff Pinkner left the show—leaving co-pilot Joel Wyman as Fringe’s singular showrunner—some fans were worried about how the amicable departure would affect the show’s creative direction in the upcoming fifth season.
Joel accepted the role of executive producer during Fringe’s second season. The team formed between Pinkner and Wyman gave us an accelerated Fringe story, diving right in to the underpinning mythology of the series. Their combined writing talents penned many amazing episodes such as August, Olivia, Entrada, and The Firefly. They also collaborated with other writers on the majority of pivotal episodes in the series.
Even so, we’re not worried. Joel has cultivated an amazing reciprocal relationship with fans. He loves the show dearly, and has made it known just how much he understands the desire of fans to see our beloved show and characters receive the ending that they deserve. Fans that have met him have described just how passionate he is about Fringe—that he loves what he does.
Let’s show some appreciation for the talented and hardworking man behind the curtain: The man that wears many hats; executive producer, writer, director and showrunner.
We’re going to tweet #InWymanWeTrust during the Comic-Con Fringe panel.
Comic-Con Fringe Panel Event Protocol
Please read carefully.
Event time = Sunday, July 15
We will tweet the hashtags:
#TheyAreComing at 12: 30 PM EST (9:30 AM PST)
#InWymanWeTrust at 1:00 PM EST (10:00 AM PST)
(Need your local time? Here’s a time converter.)
- Do Not include any other #’s in your tweets (such as #Fringe) One hashtag (#) per tweet.
- Please do not tweet these hashtags until the event times.
- Don’t use any hashtag until its allotted timeframe.
- Steadily tweet over time. We want these to stay in the trends for as long as possible.
- In the tweets for #TheyAreComing, give your reasons why you’re exited about season five.
- In the tweets for #InWymanWeTrust, give reasons why you’re confident that Fringe is in good hands.
- Be sure to mention Fringe. You may also want to talk about “Fringe at Comic Con.”
- You may want to include @JWFringe in a tweet, but try to limit spamming his Twitter.
- Pass this around to wherever Fringe fans may hang out. The more unique people that tweet the hashtags at the same time, the more likely they are to trend.
Icons for the Comic-Con Fringe Panel Twitter event!
We are really fortunate to have some talent in our Fringie pool. @SarahProost and @Cheribot have gracious created some icons for this special Comic-Con event.
Two sets by Sarah:
Full set of icons in many more colors can be downloaded here – Sarah – TAC icons.zip
Icons by Sarah:
Full set of Sarah’s icons can be downloaded here – Sarah – IWWT icons.zip
Icons by Cheri:
Full set of Cheri’s icons can be downloaded here – Cheri – IWWT icons.zip
Going to be at the Panel?
There is a special project for those fans that will be attending the Fringe Comic-con panel. You will want to read about @flowerrings’ White Tulip Project here.
Be sure to check-in at GetGlue during the panel for a special Fringe Comic-con sticker.