Here are links to all of the parts of our renewal plan, listed all in one place, for easy access:
TWITTER EVENT PROTOCOL
First: The event will now take place 1 hour before Fringe airs. It is now 8pm EST.
Second: We are asking that Fringe fans try and make their first tweet of the night a thank you to sponsor @NissanLeaf. An example:
Thanks @NissanLeaf for sponsoring Fringe! Maybe the LEAF will be there to help our Fringe team tonight. #xxxxxxxx
Third: Try to construct a list of thoughtful and informative tweets before the event. These can be copied and pasted for easy tweets. Use some witty Fringe sayings, link some of the official promo videos, list your fave Astrid memories —- be creative! Cool tweets are more likely to earn re-tweets, and this immensely helps trending. If you add “Please RT” at the end of a tweet, many people will do it!
Fourth: Tell everyone Fringie about the event. There is strength in numbers – remember that the more unique tweeters we have, the more likely we are to trend, and for a longer duration of time.
Fifth: Send your tweets out fast but remember to pace yourself. We know we can hit worldwide trending now so sustained tweeting matters too. Trending can be a distraction but we need you to keep those wonderful tweets coming.
Ok, so do you agents have that down? Good. Here is the regular protocol to follow:
1) Don’t use # before the designated time: 1 HOUR before Fringe airs.
2) One # term per Tweet.
3) Lots of people tweeting matters more than the number of tweets.
4) Those with lots of followers help out a lot!
5) We want to pique the interest of non-Fringe fans.
6) We can discuss aspects of the show in our tweets -TRY to include the word FRINGE (with no #) in your tweet if possible.
7) Private accounts must have their locked status removed, as the tweets from these accounts do not count toward the trend tally.
8) Retweets are the easiest way to help out the trending effort. Just search for the hashtag, and retweet the ones that are interesting to you. If you know how to use a Twitter application suite like TweetDeck or HootSuite, this is made even easier.