After the amazing Fringe fan success across multiple social media platforms for Back to Where You’ve Never Been, we’re not going to stop and rest on our laurels. Now is not the time to wage a cautious campaign – now is the time to strike, and strike hard. We have set everything into motion, so let’s keep building momentum.
This week, let’s try to trend the title of the episode, #EnemyOfMyEnemy.
Campaign Details and Important Information:
Friday January 20, 2012
Main Wave: 7PM EST (12AM GMT)
West Coast Wave: 7PM PST (10PM EST / 3AM GMT)
1) Don’t use #EnemyofMyEnemy before the designated time: 2 hours before Fringe airs.
2) One # term per Tweet
3) Lots of people tweeting matters more than the number of tweets.
4) Those with lots of followers help out a lot!
5) We want to pique the interest of non-Fringe fans.
6) We can discuss aspects of the show in our tweets -maybe trend names/phrases.
7) Private accounts must have their locked status removed, as the tweets from these Â accounts do not count toward the trend tally.
8) Retweets are the easiest way to help out the trending effort. Just search for the hashtag #EnemyOfMyEnemy, and retweet the ones that are interesting to you. If you know how to use a Twitter application suite like TweetDeck or HootSuite, this is made even easier.
Of equal importance is the second phase of the social media plan, using @Getglue to promote Fringe and the show’s advertisers.