This week’s Fringe episode is titled, “A Better Human Being.” In honor of this, the hashtag this week for the Friday night Twitter event is:
This phrase should be familiar to every Fringe fan.
“Na einai kalitero anthropo apo ton patera tou”
“Be a better man than your father”
This episode seems like it might present some wrenching situations for our team, especially Peter. #BeABetterMan is sure to catch the interest of other Twitter users. Plus, it is a running theme in the show.
TWITTER EVENT PROTOCOL
First: The event will take place 1 hour before Fringe airs – 8pm EST.
Second: We are asking that Fringe fans try and make their first tweet of the night a thank you to sponsor @NissanLeaf. An example:
Thanks @NissanLeaf for sponsoring Fringe! #BeABetterMan and drive a LEAF!
Third: Try to construct a list of thoughtful and informative tweets before the event. These can be copied and pasted for easy tweets. Use some witty Fringe sayings, link some of the official promo videos, list your ways for someone to be a better man —- be creative! Cool tweets are more likely to earn re-tweets, and this immensely helps trending. If you add “Please RT” at the end of a tweet, many people will do it!
Fourth: Tell everyone Fringie about the event. There is strength in numbers – remember that the more unique tweeters we have, the more likely we are to trend, and for a longer duration of time.
Fifth: Send your tweets out fast but remember to pace yourself. We know we can hit worldwide trending now so sustained tweeting matters too. Trending can be a distraction but we need you to keep those wonderful tweets coming.
Ok, so do you agents have that down? Good. Here is the regular protocol to follow:
1) Don’t use # before the designated time: 1 HOUR before Fringe airs.
2) One # term per Tweet.
3) Lots of people tweeting matters more than the number of tweets.
4) Those with lots of followers help out a lot!
5) We want to pique the interest of non-Fringe fans.
6) We can discuss aspects of the show in our tweets -TRY to include the word FRINGE (with no #) in your tweet if possible.
7) Private accounts must have their locked status removed, as the tweets from these accounts do not count toward the trend tally.
8) Retweets are the easiest way to help out the trending effort. Just search for the hashtag, and retweet the ones that are interesting to you. If you know how to use a Twitter application suite like TweetDeck or HootSuite, this is made even easier.
Of equal importance is the second phase of the social media plan, using @Getglue to promote Fringe and the show’s advertisers.
If you have an iPhone, you might want to check out the social interactive TV rewards app, VIGGLE.
Also, if you really want to get creative, check out our #FringeIsALoveStory contest.