This week is a special week for Fringe fans. Many excited sources have said that this next installment, “Making Angels,” is an Astrid-centric episode!
In honor of everyone’s favorite junior FBI agent Astro… Asteroid… Ostrich…
We’re going to have her #TakeTheLead!
After reviewing our “science and risk reports,” this weeks’s Twitter Rapid Fire Event has some revised instructions, so listen up agents!
First: The event will now take place 1 hour before Fringe airs. It is now 8pm EST.
Second: We are asking that Fringe fans try and make their first tweet of the night a thank you to sponsor @NissanLeaf. An example:
Thanks @NissanLeaf for sponsoring Fringe! Maybe Astrid Farnsworth will drive one in tonight’s episode. #TakeTheLead
Third: Try to incorporate the phrases “Astrid Farnsworth,” “Kick Astrid,” and “Jasika Nicole” in your tweets. We’re going to try and earn this character/actress some well-deserved Twitter trending love.
Fourth: Try to construct a list of thoughtful and informative tweets before the event. These can be copied and pasted for easy tweets. Use some witty Fringe sayings, link some of the official promo videos, list your fave Astrid memories —- be creative! Cool tweets are more likely to earn re-tweets, and this immensely helps trending. If you add “Please RT” at the end of a tweet, many people will do it!
Fifth: Tell everyone Fringie about the event. There is strength in numbers – remember that the more unique tweeters we have, the more likely we are to trend, and for a longer duration of time.
Ok, so do you agents have that down? Good. Here is the regular protocol to follow:
Campaign Details and Important Information
Friday February 3, 2012
Main Wave – 8PM EST (1AM GMT)
West Coast Wave – 8PM PST (11PM EST / 4AM GMT)
1) Don’t use #TakeTheLead before the designated time: 1 HOUR before Fringe airs.
2) One # term per Tweet.
3) Lots of people tweeting matters more than the number of tweets.
4) Those with lots of followers help out a lot!
5) We want to pique the interest of non-Fringe fans.
6) We can discuss aspects of the show in our tweets -TRY to include the word FRINGE (with no #) in your tweet if possible. This week ASTRID FARNSWORTH, KICK ASTRID, and JASIKA NICOLE are also requested phrases.
7) Private accounts must have their locked status removed, as the tweets from these accounts do not count toward the trend tally.
8) Retweets are the easiest way to help out the trending effort. Just search for the hashtag #TakeTheLead, and retweet the ones that are interesting to you. If you know how to use a Twitter application suite like TweetDeck or HootSuite, this is made even easier.
Of equal importance is the second phase of the social media plan, using @Getglue to promote Fringe and the show’s advertisers.
This week’s promotional vid from Gillybabies on youtube gives us a look at the star of this week’s Fringe.No share or id values provided for youtube shortcode.