Congratulations everyone! We once again met success on many fronts for the #EnemyofMyEnemy Event. (Results coming today.) What a great job from all of us, in support of what I think was the best episode this season, if not one of the top in the the entire series.
We’re not going to stop for the rest of the season. In fact, this week’s episode, named Forced Perspective, has a very important Twitter message:
Let’s follow the same protocol to trend as before, because it’s a double whammy that is working, and is being noticed by the right people.
Together, we can convince people to see things our way – that Fringe is a unique show – worthy of continuation.
Also, you may have noticed some changes on the site. That is because we are now Fringenuity. Fringe fans – quantum entangled – for action at a distance. See the goals and mission statement of the organization here. And get involved!
Campaign Details and Important Information
Friday January 27, 2012
Main Wave 7PM EST (12AM GMT)
West Coast Wave ” 7PM PST (10PM EST / 3AM GMT)
1) Don’t use #ObserveItLive before the designated time: 2 hours before Fringe airs.
2) One # term per Tweet.
3) Lots of people tweeting matters more than the number of tweets.
4) Those with lots of followers help out a lot!
5) We want to pique the interest of non-Fringe fans.
6) We can discuss aspects of the show in our tweets -TRY to include the word FRINGE (with no #) in your tweet if possible.
7) Private accounts must have their locked status removed, as the tweets from these accounts do not count toward the trend tally.
8) Retweets are the easiest way to help out the trending effort. Just search for the hashtag #ObserveItLive, and retweet the ones that are interesting to you. If you know how to use a Twitter application suite like TweetDeck or HootSuite, this is made even easier.
Of equal importance is the second phase of the social media plan, using @Getglue to promote Fringe and the showâ€™s advertisers.
Another great promo vid from our wonderful friend @dalliel!